During the initial days of entrepreneurship, the scale of motivation always remains on the higher side. However, once you’ve spent some time working on your startup, and do not get results as you’d expect them to be, the motivation starts to fade out.
The hardest thing about entrepreneurship is the constant rejection. However, all you need to do is remain determined and dedicated to being able to overcome these hurdles that come in the way of you and your entrepreneur dream.
You’re not the only one and in fact, people of all walks of life and ages struggle with remaining focused. Here are some tips on how to stay focused and remain motivated while starting a business.
1. Celebrate the small wins: If you’ve decided to be an entrepreneur after leaving your well paying job, it is a victory in itself. So, even passing small hurdles call for some celebrations. Cut that cake, open that wine bottle, and you’ll continue to remain motivated.
2. Share your dreams: Just like Rome wasn’t built in a day, it wasn’t even built by a person alone. So, while you may want to do all the work by yourself, make sure you share your plans, ideas, successes as well as failures with your family members, friends and loved ones. They will be there to celebrate your success and be able to pull you up when you’ve failed and keep you motivated to move forward.
3. Use the early hours: Instead of scrolling through your social feeds, go ahead and do something productive in the same time frame. It’s always better to do something productive in the first few hours of your morning because it is then when your mind is fresh and most active. If you make it a habit, it will help you remain focused on your work.
4. Take care of yourself: When you are better mentally, physically and emotionally then you’re better with your business. Unwind when needed to keep you motivated. Your mental health is as important than physical health so you have to be strong mentally and stay energetic to grow as an entrepreneur. Never ponder on words which hurts you most, never ever care about back fence talkers. Work on yourself to become as strong as a solid rock wall.
5. Attitude of gratitude: Always keeps the attitude of thanking when you are starting off your day. Show gratitude towards positive things in your life like your family, friends or your loved ones. Always have a little bit of gratitude towards anything that makes you feel thankful. This will not only keep you motivated but also bring in more focus in your work.
6. Create a roadmap: You need the ensure that you’re creating a roadmap in your business so that you know what your plans will be. Jot down as to when and what you want to achieve and work your way according to the plan. This will ensure that you have your eyes on the prize and things don’t go haywire.
7. Get inspired: To stay in the game, you’ll need to constantly keep finding inspiration. The inspiration could be from anywhere, a person, a book, a movie, or even a daily quote. Just make sure that you’re getting inspiration from all sources possible so that your focus doesn’t shift and you continue to strive for success.
8. Have positive people around you: Not everyone will be there clapping their hands, applauding you when you succeed. More than half of the world will want you to fail and screw up, stay away from such people. Surround yourself with people who think like you and have the drive to succeed just like you, this will ensure that your focus does remain in place.
9. Know the Why’s: When you feel like giving up, just remind yourself why did you decide to take the route in the first place. Keep reminding yourself as to why would you want to climb the ladder of success, think about those great plans you have for yourself. You’ll remain focused like this.
10. Track your Money: Make sure that you’re keeping track of all the inflows and outflows of money. This will definitely help you in remaining motivated and also help you in understanding as to how close are you getting to your financial goals.
If you want to ensure that your startup is a success, along with a business plan, you also need to ensure that you find ways to remain motivated and focused so that you don’t falter and become unsuccessful in reaching your goals. You may doubt yourself, but make sure you remind yourself that you’ve got this.