Born in 1955, Jobs experimented with a lot of stuff before actually developing the Apple computer with Steve Wozniak. Under his guidance, the company reached great heights with iPad, iPhone and the iPad. However, he was thrown out of his own company and that is when he came up with the concept of neXt which was bought by Apple in 1996. Because the company was sinking without him, he decided to join Apple again..
According to most modern entrepreneurs and management gurus, Steve Jobs was the perfect entrepreneur. He passed away in 2011 as he was suffering from pancreatic cancer.
Here are a few quotes by him every entrepreneur should live by:
1. “Stay hungry. Stay foolish.”
2. “I was worth about over a million dollars when I was 23 and over ten million dollars when I was 24, and over a hundred million dollars when I was 25 and… it wasn’t that important – because I never did it for the money.”
3. “We don’t get a chance to do that many things, and everyone should be really excellent. Because this is our life. Life is brief, and then you die, you know? And we’ve all chosen to do this with our lives. So it better be damn good. It better be worth it.”
Related Post: The top 10 quotes every entrepreneur should live by
4. “Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is living the result of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other opinions drown your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition, they somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
5. “Quality is much better than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.”
6. “My favourite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.”
7. “Getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.”
8. “You’ve got to start with the customer experience and work back toward the technology – not the other way around.”
9. “Here’s to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes… The ones who see things differently — they’re not fond of rules… You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can’t do is ignore them because they change things… They push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.”
10. “My model for business is The Beatles. They were four guys who kept each other’s kind of negative tendencies in check. They balanced each other and the total was greater than the sum of the parts. That’s how I see business: great things in business are never done by one person, they’re done by a team of people.”
11. “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
12. “If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look back too much. You have to be willing to take whatever you’ve done and whoever you were and throw them away.”
Related Post: Top 10 inspirational quotes by Indian entrepreneurs
13. I’m as proud of many of the things we haven’t done as the things we have done. Innovation is saying no to a thousand things.
14. “Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while.”
15. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.”
Related Post: How Steve Jobs Started – The Life Of Apple’s Founder
16. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me … Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful … that’s what matters to me.”
17. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.